10 TIPS TO STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEN WORKING FROM HOME
│ Bolivar Manrique
All the tips here are just suggestions that you can try to carry out in your daily routine to be more productive, you may also modify some of them to suit your needs. Over time, you may feel you lose perspective and, the motivation to continue working hard
Working from home is a form of employment that has become popular in recent years. Due to the measures taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, many companies were forced to quickly move into this mode, new technologies and apps have made it possible to work remotely, and to be able to control the activities related to employment from the comfort of your home.
- Establish a routine: When you work at home, continue with the schedule you had as if you were going to an office, get up early, and get ready.
- Create a workspace: Adequate workspace will allow for greater productivity. This space should be comfortable, look for a place with good natural lighting, a clean work table, and also a comfortable chair, keep in mind that you are going to spend a lot of time in this place.
- Stick to a work schedule: It is easy to get distracted when working at home, and you may decide to never take a break to avoid that situation. If you are one of those people who are more alert in the morning hours, make the most of it, get up earlier, and focus on the most difficult or highest priority tasks.
- Create a to-do list: Using a personal organization methodology will allow you to maintain the necessary workflow to move forward with your current projects and goals.
- Avoid getting distracted: In your daily routine, you should define a couple of moments a day to check email, make phone or video calls, access social networks, read blogs and send messages via WhatsApp.
- Maintain Motivation: No one maintains constant productivity throughout the day. It is normal for your motivation level to vary. However, if you want to make the most of your most productive periods, book the most difficult tasks when you know you will be most focused.
- Tidy up your workspace: Working in a dirty or messy place affects your concentration and consequently your productivity. When you finish your work, no matter how tired you are, it is essential to leave your workspace tidy.
- Alternative places: Working every day from home can be tiring no matter how comfortable your workplace is, being all day in the same place can become very tedious. Look for other options such as coffee shops, with little noise, wifi, good coffee, and friendly people.
- Exercise: Exercising at home or the gym before starting your workday will help activate your body and make you feel energized to face your day. Although you can also leave the exercise for the end of the workday, looking to clear your mind.
- Build your strategy: Being productive from home implies adapting to change, so it is key to build an action plan in which you can identify the objectives and/or goals you want to achieve in the short or medium term, this will help you focus and make the best use of your time.
All the tips here are just suggestions that you can try to carry out in your daily routine to be more productive, you may also modify some of them to suit your needs. Over time, you may feel you lose perspective and, the motivation to continue working hard. Keep in touch with your coworkers, when working from home it is very possible that we only focus on doing our tasks and leave aside everything else, the loneliness of your home can be demotivating so take advantage of technology and stay connected. An additional way to stay connected is through regular updates with your immediate boss on your work in progress, via email, chat or if the company has a platform for collaborative work, this is also a way to work as a team with the help of technology.
And finally, make sure you sleep well and eat healthily. Rest and nutrition are important factors in productivity, try to sleep between 7 to 8 hours a day, and plan your meals. And you will have a comfortable work environment from home, while still being productive
Related ArticlesALL POSTS →
We Can Create